Alternative cannabinoids, also known as minor cannabinoids, are becoming increasingly popular as people seek new and different ways to experience the benefits of cannabis. While THC and CBD are the most well-known cannabinoids, there are many others that offer unique effects and benefits. In this blog, we will be ranking the top 5 most popular alternative cannabinoids in America based on their current popularity and demand.
1. Delta-8 THC: Delta-8 THC has been rapidly gaining popularity as a legal alternative to delta-9 THC, the psychoactive component of cannabis. Delta-8 THC is found in small amounts in hemp and cannabis plants, but it can also be synthesized from CBD. Delta-8 THC is said to offer a milder, more relaxed high than delta-9 THC, with less anxiety and paranoia. It is also reported to have pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. CBG: CBG, or cannabigerol, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in low levels in most cannabis strains. CBG is often referred to as the "stem cell" cannabinoid because it is the precursor to all other cannabinoids. CBG has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-anxiety properties. It is also being studied for its potential in treating conditions such as glaucoma and inflammatory bowel disease.
3. CBN: CBN, or cannabinol, is a cannabinoid that is created when THC breaks down over time. It is found in aged cannabis plants and is often associated with a sedative effect. CBN is said to have a calming effect, making it useful for treating insomnia and anxiety. It also has potential as a pain reliever and appetite stimulant.
4. THCV: THCV, or tetrahydrocannabivarin, is a cannabinoid that is found in some cannabis strains, particularly those that originate from Africa. THCV is said to have a unique effect on the body, producing a clear-headed and energizing high. It is also being studied for its potential in treating obesity, diabetes, and other metabolic disorders.
5. CBC: CBC, or cannabichromene, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in most cannabis strains. CBC is said to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, making it useful for treating pain and inflammation. It is also being studied for its potential in treating acne and other skin conditions.
In conclusion, while THC and CBD are still the most well-known cannabinoids, the popularity of alternative cannabinoids is rapidly growing. Delta-8 THC, CBG, CBN, THCV, and CBC are all gaining attention for their unique effects and potential health benefits. As more research is conducted on these alternative cannabinoids, we can expect to learn even more about their potential uses and benefits.